Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Clock Ticks On...

I have been up since 3:30am and I am thinking that this is God's way of preparing me for a newborn and night time feedings. My mind keeps racing and the list of things to do keeps growing. I know it will all come together and why we worry, I don't know. From personal life to work life, to preparing for a new baby can be overwhelming at times. I think I am starting to feel like the due date is getting closer and I am starting to get a little anxious. From talking with my friends I think this is all normal. John and I enjoyed a great dinner last night with Jon and Molly. Molly is due shortly after me and we were having a great time chatting about all that we would like to get done before our babies arrive. It is fun to have so many friends pregnant at the same time. It helps to have other girls to talk to about everything.
John and I had or first shower a couple weeks ago. It was a blast and starts to make it all that much more real to us. Our friends threw us a couple's shower which was tons of fun. (I will post pictures later). It is such a blessing to have wonderful friends and family surrounding you in memorable moments in your life. It makes those moments even that much more special! We received some wonderful gifts for the baby! I can't wait to use them all. I also enjoyed a baby shower dinner with some girlfriends. We like to get together at least once a month or every other and just have some girl bonding time. They are all amazing woman and it is great to have friends that you can share anything with. They have given me some great advance!! They too gave John and I some wonderful things for the baby. It is so much fun opening all these tiny presents for baby Slappey!
On another note my friend Rachael and my cousin Kathy both had their babies this past weekend. Both boys...I think everyone I know is having a boy!! Both mom and babies are doing great and by the pictures I have seen they all look amazing. The little ones are so precious. I can't wait till I get to hold mine and see his/her face for the first time. What a moment that must be to experience a brand new life that you have been carrying for nine months! I can only imagine. I don't see how someone can't believe in God and experience the miracle of a new life being born. The entire process is amazing.
Well I feel as if I am rambling on and that is probably due to lack of sleep. I will post some pictures soon of the nursery (we have some new things in the room and it is looking cuter than ever!) and some of our baby shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment