Monday, November 9, 2009

1 Week to Go...

I am trying to enjoy the last moments of being pregnant and feeling this sweet little baby move but I am getting anxious and very ready to meet him or her. The last week or so have been hard with legs swelling, tired and just uncomfortable with Braxton Hicks. But all these are good signs that the baby will be here soon. The doctor said everything is going great and it could be any day now. I am hoping sooner than later. But what pregnant woman doesn't wish the last couple of weeks away!

John and I are ready to go and bags are ready for the trip. The nursery is as cute as it can be and I am so ready to show the new little addition it's room. I think John is ready for me to stop organizing and over organizing. THE NEST IS READY and everything has it's place! John has been a big help and taking good care of me. I am so blessed to have him as my husband and a best friend.

I can not believe that we are about to enter the world of parenthood. I am nervous but excited about becoming a mother. I can't wait to see John holding our new little one and seeing him as a father. He is going to be an incredible dad. (I am little worried if we have a girl she will never be aloud out of the house!) I am anticipating the moment when they tell us if it is a girl or boy! That is going to be the best surprise of our lives. I am so glad we wanted to find out.

For now I am trying to keep busy with finishing up some work things as well as getting some personal stuff done around the house. I started filling in the baby book last night which was fun. I am trying to take it easy and get some sleep before sleep is no more for a while. (but it will be worth every moment of not sleeping!)
We will keep you posted in the days to come. Please pray for a healthy baby and a wonderful delivery.

My quote right now is "I am ready to hold this precious miracle in my arms and not in my belly!"

Will it be...
Lily Kate Slappey or John Jefferson Slappey, Jr (nickname - JJ) - We will know soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment