Monday, November 30, 2009

It's a Girl - Lily Kate Slappey

John and I welcomed Lily Kate Slappey to our family on November 13th, 2009 at 3:11pm. John and I went Thursday the 12th to my doctors appointment and found out that the levels around the placenta were low and that we needed to induce. So they sent me on to the hospital. John and I drove to Mimi's Cafe for a good lunch because once I got to the hospital I couldn't eat. Then we headed home to get our stuff together. We arrived at the hospital around 4 but didn't get into a room till around 8 that evening. Long afternoon. Once settled in our room they started my IV and gave me my induction medicine at around 10pm. We actually got some sleep that night and come 7am I was sick of sitting in bed so we went for walk around the floor. Then came to the room and several minutes after getting back in bed my water broke. It was go time then. My contractions started 3 minutes apart and were intense. They didn't expect it to happen that fast and that I would break my water on my own. About 45 minutes later they gave me my epidural (thank you to ever invented that drug!!!) I was worried about getting it but once the contractions hit i didn't care where you put that needle in! It was the best thing in the world. Then the rest of the afternoon I enjoyed being with my family. Both sets of grandparents, my sister, and my grandmother were all there!
It was such a miracle and John and I were alone together with doctors when we welcomed the biggest surprise of our lives, Lily Kate! We were overjoyed and so happy we made it a surprise. She is truly a blessing.
We stayed in the hospital till Sunday and then we were able to bring her home! She almost didn't get to come home because of her jaundice levels and her weight. But all was good on Sunday!

It has been 2 weeks since her birth and life has been a little hectic at times. I am getting use to breastfeeding and nighttimes feedings. My mom came and stayed for a week which was wonderful. John has been such a wonderful husband and supporter to me. We can't believe how much she has grown and how quickly she changes day by day. It seems to all happen so fast. We have had lots of visitors and lots of pictures taken of our sweet Lily. John and I have been so blessed by our friends and family!

I have been meaning to add this post but have been so busy adjusting and spending time with Lily and finding time to sleep when I can.




No comments:

Post a Comment